Securing our future in cyberspace: Next steps
Chair: Professor Rory Medcalf
Date: Friday 19 February 2016
Time: 12:30-2pm (refreshments provided)
Venue: Weston Theatre, Level 1, Crawford Building #132, 1 Lennox Crossing, ANU
Registration: Please register here
The closing public session of the National Security College's week-long program of activities will be a Q&A-style event allowing a lively exchange of ideas and reflections on securing Australia’s future in cyberspace. Head of College Professor Rory Medcalf will moderate the discussion with a panel of the world’s leading cyberspace academics, think-tank specialists and industry experts. Members of the audience will have the opportunity to engage with:
- Dr Herb Lin, (pictured) Senior Research Scholar for cyber policy and security at the Center for International Security, and Cooperation and Research Fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University
- Professor Paul Cornish, Research Group Director for Defence, Security and Infrastructure at RAND Europe, Cambridge
- Professor Fred Cate, Vice President for Research at Indiana University; Distinguished Professor and C. Ben Dutton Professor of Law at the Maurer School of Law, and Adjunct Professor in the School of Informatics and Computing, Indiana University
- Assistant Professor Jon Lindsay, Assistant Professor of Digital Media and Global Affairs at the University of Toronto Munk School of Global Affairs
- Mr Mike Burgess, Chief Information Security Officer, Telstra
The National Security College acknowledges the support of our conference sponsors.
The National Security College is a joint initiative of the Commonwealth Government and ANU.